Performing soft reset and factory data reset ( master reset or hard reset ) Nokia Lumia 521 to Factory Settings:
- On the start screen, swipe left
- tap Settings
- tap about
- tap reset your phone.
Restore Nokia Lumia 521 to Factory settings via Hardware keys
- Disconnect your phone from the charger.
- Press and hold the volume down key and connect the charger. An exlamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.
3. Press the following keys in order: volume up, volume down, power, volume down.
The phone will resets and boots up automatically. This may take several minutes.
To avoid permanent damage to your device, do not restart your device while a reset procedure is underway.
Warning! All data will be erased from device memory, including system and application data, settings and downloaded applications. Back up your important data. The device will restore to factory settings.
Performing Soft Reset / Restarting
If your device is frozen and unresponsive, you can restarting your phone
- Switch your phone on, if possible, and disconnect the charger.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously until the phone vibrates. Release and the phone will restart.