Performing soft reset and factory data reset ( master reset or hard reset ) Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD via Settings menu and Hardware key :
Hard reset via Settings
- From the screen of your phone, touch
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Privacy
- Tap Factory Data Reset .
- Tap Reset Phone
Hard reset via Hardware / External keys
- Power up the phone by pressing the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .
- The device will enumerate with different BOOT OPTIONS
- Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL and VOL UP Key to SELECT
- Select Recovery
- Wait to see “Dead Droid” on screen
- Rock the Vol-Up and Vol-Dn Buttons back and forth to bring up the recovery menu
- Scroll to “wipe data/factory reset“
- Press POWR-Key to select “wipe data/factory reset“
- Scroll to “yes“
- Press PWR-Key to select “yes“
- Wait to complete “Factory Data Reset“
- Press PWR-Key to select “reboot system now“
Performing Soft reset
If your device becomes unresponsive, try a force reboot: Press and hold the power button + volume down button for 10 seconds to perform a force reboot on the device.
Warning! All data will be erased from device memory, including system and application data, settings and downloaded applications. Back up your important data. The device will restore to factory settings.