Performing soft reset and factory data reset ( master reset or hard reset ) HTC Sensation via Settings menu and Hardware key :
Hard reset via settings menu
- Press Menu Key from the Home screen
- select Settings.
- select Storage
- select Factory data reset
- select Reset phone
- select Erase everything.
Hard reset via hardware keys
If you can’t turn HTC Sensation on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on HTC Sensation.
- Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
Performing a soft reset
- If the display is off, press the POWER button to turn it back on.
- Unlock the display.
- Press and hold the POWER button, and then tap Restart.
- When asked to confirm, tap Restart.
If these steps don’t work, you can remove and reinstall the battery, and then turn HTC Sensation on to restart it.
Warning! All data will be erased from device memory, including system and application data, settings and downloaded applications. Back up your important data. The device will restore to factory settings.