Performing factory data reset ( master reset or hard reset ) HTC Desire VC via Settings menu and External keys ( buttons ):
Performing a factory reset from settings
- Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Settings
- Tap Storage
- tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset phone
- tap Erase everything.
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons
If you can’t turn HTC Desire VC on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on HTC Desire VC.
- Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
Warning! All data will be erased from device memory, including system and application data, settings and downloaded applications. Back up your important data. The device will restore to factory settings.
If your phone hangs or does not responding, Press and hold power key about 10 seconds. It will rebooting automatically. Or remove and re insert the battery and SIM Card.
Soft reset HTC Desire VC
If HTC Desire VC is running slower than normal, an application is not performing properly, or HTC Desire VC becomes unresponsive, try restarting HTC Desire VC and see if that helps solve the problem.
- If the display is off, press the POWER button to turn it back on.
- Unlock the display.
- Press and hold the POWER button, and then tap Restart.
- When asked to confirm, tap Restart.
If these steps don’t work, you can remove and reinstall the battery, and then turn HTC Desire VC on to restart it.